Regulars: Felix & Tyson
Favorite Dog Name?
- Pecwan Pete. It’s a long story about a dog I found (and kept) in the forest, but I use it as my code name for just about everything.
- Eaton Canyon. That we we have a choice of a waterfall or hill work, or both!
- Indiana Jones
Biggest guilty pleasure?
- 8 hour runs in the mountains when I know my husband is at a kid’s birthday party.
- Scooby-Doo or The Jungle Book
Biggest pet peeves?
- Complainers, little kids distracted by electronic devices, poison oak everywhere I want to go
Best running shoe?
- Saucony Peregrine trail shoes
What’s your go-to midnight snack?
- I can’t remember the last time I was awake at midnight, but it would be any sweet thing in the house.
How many pairs of running shoes do you own?
- 6 pairs. 2 for trails and 4 for roads.
What book should we be reading?
- As much as I like reading new books, I like to re-read The Lord of the Rings every few years. It’s my favorite adventure story and keeps me entertained when I’m running through the San Gabriel Mountains for hours on end.
What do you want written on your race bib?
- I always have Huggs on mine since it’s short and simple and my name. However, I would much rather have Keep on Rockin’ in a Free World, if I could.
What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
- A pony. Seriously, a pony with a big red bow on him.
If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
- To be able to fly
Do you have a go-to karaoke song?
- Please don’t ever make me sing in public. You will thank me.
Describe your ideal weekend.
- I would be hanging out along either the Smith River or the Chetco River, sipping a beer with friends and smelling the sweet scent of redwoods and cottonwood, while occasionally dipping into the water after baking like a lizard on the rocks or sand. And not one single kid would be arguing or needing anything actually.