Perhaps hard to believe this but I find sitting for 8-plus hours a day more challenging than running 20 miles of trails. Restless desire to be running while at work was fueling an idea; take the leap from graphic design into what I loved more than anything – dogs, running, and running with dogs. Years later and I’ve shared the experience and fun of trail running with so many dogs who were stuck inside for hours each day. Running is my life’s work and my life’s reward. There couldn’t be a better way to spend my days.
The Get to Know Your Runners Quiz
The Regulars: Sophie, Dylan, Scot, Beag, Amber, Dottie Jo, Koa, Keira, Abe, Sissy, Happy, Tyson, Bea, Shredder, Mavis
01. What’s your favorite dog name?
- Lola with Sophie in a close second.
02. What’s your favorite trail?
- El Prieto, San Gabriels
03. Who was your childhood crush?
- Diane Lane (from The Outsiders)
04. What’s your biggest guilty pleasure?
- Frasier re-runs.
05. Who is your favorite cartoon or superhero character?
- Batman ever since I was 7.
06. What are your biggest pet peeves?
- Poorly trained dog owners, “broken” turn signals, mosquitos.
07. Best running shoe?
- Hoka One One
08. What’s your go-to midnight snack?
- Trader Joes Belgian Chocolate Pudding
09. How many pairs of running shoes do you have?
- 8 (6 trail, 2 street)
10. What book should we be reading?
- The Martian was excellent but anything on the history of the US would be important to know…these days.
11. What do you want written on your race bib?
- I Am Not Ironman!
12. What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
- There have been many but a memorable box held gauze bandages and Neosporin. I was a clumsy cyclist in High School.
13. If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
- Teleportation, no question. After that, speak with all living things.
14. Do you have a go-to karaoke song?
- No. But once, just once, I did karaoke. It was to Sheena Is A Punk Rocker by The Ramones. The video will never be released!
15. Describe your ideal weekend.
- Bobbing slightly on a floating pool chair or anything where I’m not touching the ground with my feet.