I took up running years ago when I decided to train myself to run my first marathon right after my 30th birthday. Running stuck. When we rescued our current four legged friend six years ago it made perfect sense to add him to my running regimen. My lifetime of experience with dogs and running with my own make me so happy to have found a place at paws in Motion. My wife and I moved to California from Memphis, TN six years ago and still can’t believe the countless number of beautiful days I gets to enjoy all the different ways to play and be active in Southern California. Whether it is in the mountains or on the beach I love to be active and on the move.
My wife and I attended Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena before founding a nonprofit last year called Restoration Marriage. We were also blessed with our first child, Charlotte in 2015. Since 2010 our family has also been so thankful to have the presence of the most amazingly lovable dog named Tag. He is 80 pounds of loyal love, fun, and energy. We run and hike together quite often all over this beautiful city.
I was born into a family of dog lovers (animals of all kind really) lovers. When I was about five years old we rescued a Lab/Chow mix puppy off the porch of our local church. After weeks of trying to locate his owners we decided to keep him. He was energetic and fast. His name was Jake and he quickly became a vital member of our family. He was a great dog. Since, Jake I have had a number of dogs in my life and they have all been special.
The Get-to-Know-Your-Runner Survey
Regular clients: Rhea & Bailey
01. What’s your favorite dog name?
02. What’s your favorite trail?
03. Who was your childhood crush?
Kelly Kaposki (edit: from Saved by the Bell, i.e., Tiffani Thiessen)
04. What’s your biggest guilty pleasure?
Bacon Chedder Cheese Fries
05. Who is your favorite cartoon or superhero character?
He-Man // GI Joe tie
06. What are your biggest pet peeves?
Sprinklers in the rain, the fact that the 210 slows down at every curve
07. Best running shoe?
Mizuno Wave Elixer
08. What’s your go-to midnight snack?
09. How many pairs of running shoes do you have?
10. What book should we be reading?
Daring Greatly by Brene Brown
11. What do you want written on your race bib?
12. What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
13. If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
Flying // time travel tie
14. Do you have a go-to karaoke song?
Pour Some Sugar on Me
15. Describe your ideal weekend.
Deserted Island (with luxury accommodations of course), my wife (no kids), and a personal chef.